Friday, March 12, 2021
Moving Up from Economy Class to Flight Deck
Reality Therapy: A Pioneering, Innovative and State of the Art Approach
Presenter: Robert Wubbolding
All Online Format via Zoom-Synchronous
1:00pm-4:15pm (please log in 15minutes prior to the workshop for registration verification).
As a result of this fast moving one-day session you will have practical and immediately usable techniques and skills. Benefits include: how to use the WDEP System of reality therapy; exposure to the art of helping clients self-evaluate which is a necessary preliminary condition for change; witnessing demonstrations of how to help clients become less defensive and open to alternative behaviors; maximizing your limited time available for short term counseling.
1. Discuss 6 human motivators: why people do what they do
2. Gain specific skills for helping clients define what they want from the world around the and from themselves
3. Identify 5 specific questions and reflections that assist clients to evaluate the realistic attainability of their wants and the effectiveness of their behavioral choices
4. Demonstrate knowledge and implementation of 3 paradoxical techniques including the “Stockdale Paradox”
5. Use 2 responses to clients when the counselor/therapist thinks, “I’m stuck”
6. Explain and summarize 2 research studies validating the use of reality therapy
About the Presenter:
Robert E. Wubbolding, EdD, internationally known teacher, author and practitioner of Reality Therapy has taught Choice Theory and Reality Therapy in the United States, Europe, Asia, North Africa, and the Middle East.
His busy professional life includes Professor Emeritus of Xavier University, Faculty Associate of Johns Hopkins University, and Director of the Center for Reality Therapy. He is Senior Faculty for William Glasser International, Inc and was personally appointed by Dr. Glasser in 1988 to be the first Director of Training for his institute. In this position he coordinated and monitored the Certification, Supervisor, and Instructor Training programs until 2011.
Waybridge Counseling will be providing 3 CEU credits for this workshop. Waybridge is a Continuing Education Provider for the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker & Marriage and Family Therapy Board. Continuing Education offered for counselors, social workers and marriage and family therapists: (Provider RCST031802).
4030 Mt. Carmel-Tobasco Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45255
Blue Ash Office
10945 Reed Hartman Highway
Cincinnati, Ohio 45242
5725 Dragon Way
Cincinnati, Ohio 45227
Self-harm and cutting
Oppositional and disruptive behavior in children
Grief and loss
Children impacted by divorce
Pre-marital & marriage counseling
Treatment and support for LGBTQ populations
Gender Identity counseling, including transgender and gender nonconforming populations
Sexual trauma/Sexual Assault
Domestic violence/Partner violence